Sorry that I missed my post on Monday. We took my daughter back to WSSU in N.C. on Sunday and with all the Roadwork,
REALLY on Sunday night!!, we didn’t get back until after midnight….
But back to the task at hand, as I have said at least once or twice before, a business plan should be a working document… So, let’s look at a few elements of my business plan;
Order Your Steps is a spiritually based business which creates order out of chaos. We will use our gifts of organization and administration to help people to establish structure to their living space and the area where they work. Our objective is to minimize stress, frustration and the feelings of being overwhelmed by day to day existence. We will develop processes that will promote efficiency and order to homes, offices and wherever there is a need. We plan to excel beyond the industry’s profitability standard and enable others to establish similar businesses by franchising and mentoring.
The steps of a good man [woman] are ordered by the Lord and He delights in his way – Psalm 37:23
Order Your Steps will assist people in organizing their spaces through personal consultation, in a very professional and efficient manner. Our organizing techniques, includes de-cluttering in the home, organizational effectiveness for home offices & small business and time management for the individual. Our goal is to promote efficiency, effectiveness and eliminate disorder & stress.
Every business must have goals and objectives, short &long term. However, milestones,
yes this needs to be updated, and advertising are small additions to the plan to describe specific actions taken.
- Registering my name – Date: 9/13/2011
- “INKED DESIGN” Developed my logo / business cards – Date: 9/22/2011
- “INKED DESIGN created my brochures – Date
- Attend First MARCPO Meeting – Date: 9/12/2011
- NAPO Membership / National & Local – Date: 11/3/2011
- First Customer Appointment Scheduled / Cancelled – 11/8/2011 (Flowers sent)
- Meet with V. L. – Engaged mentor – 11/28/2011
- Hired to work with experienced professional organizer – 2/26/2012 (1st Check)
- First Assessment Visit conducted and Organizing Job scheduled – 2/26/2012
- Facebook Small Business Tutorial – 11/2011
- Website created – 1/14/2012
- Google Adwords – 1/28/2012
- Facebook Ad – 2/22/2012
- Ad placed in program for Project Move Seminar – 2/26/2012
- Ad placed in program for ACA Women’s Conference – 3/3/2012
- 2nd Wave of Papering Campaign – scheduled for March, 2012
As I look at this, I have done some much more in the last 3 months. Now, I am not suggesting that every night before we go to bed that we update our business plan, but at least keep notes along the way. Recap business meetings and social encounters that resulted in good, sound advice and counsel. We should review our plan at least once a quarter, update and make changes, if needed. We should identify our successes and opportunities.
Below is a very interesting article. The real key for me was the last sentence! It supports my theory to “PLAN AND TAKE ACTION”.
- What Comes Before The Business Plan? Everything. (forbes.com)