On April 27th, Order Your Steps held our 2nd Annual Women’s Workshop entitled “DeClutter Your Mind”. Our minds are so often overflowing with thoughts of what we’ve done, what we should have done or what we have to do! The workshop focused on helping us to acknowledge our feelings and emotions in a more productive and effective way. We had three AWESOME speakers that shared with us some tips on Mental Wellness as well as to dispel some misunderstandings regarding Mental Health. The event was AMAZING! Here are a few key points that our speakers wanted us to remember.
“Pearls of Wisdom”
Evangelist Kim Hines started us off with our inspirational message, “I AM THE HEALED”. She wanted us to hold fast to these thoughts:
1. Trust the promises of God. If God promised it in His Word, then believe that it will come to past!
2. Trust the process! My expectation and time frame of my healing process was longer than expected, but I refuse to lose faith!
3. In everything give praise. Although, I am still faced with the challenges of a total knee replacement, I have not failed to give thanks for my complete healing. Believing that whatever we do through, that it will be for our good and His glory! Clear the negativity! God has this!
Ms. Jewelle Daquin is a Licensed Professional Counselor with a passion for combining her love for Christ and her dedication for mental health awareness. She spoke to us about “Silencing the Noise”. She wanted us to remember these words of wisdom:
1. Noise for a Christians has severe implications. For a Christian, noise is anything that distracts you from hearing the voice of God.
2. Noise can be both internal and external. Internal noise are the thoughts that we rehearse that prevent us from moving forward. Feelings of doubt, fear, and insecurity are examples of internal noise. External noise are the things we hear in our environment. This could be people, music, TV, social media, conversations etc.
3. Our frequency determines our volume. How often we plug-in to things determines how loud it is. If you plug into God often, His voice will be the loudest. If you plug into the things of the world more, that will be the loudest thing you hear. We renew our minds and silence the noise by tuning into God frequently.
Dr. Sadie John, Christian Clinical Counselor, who has spent a major portion of her life in service to others, both personally and professionally. She enlightened us on “Coping with Mid-Life Challenges”. She left with us these pearls of wisdom:
1. If we learn God’s principles for life, we will be equipped to handle every issue that arise, whether large or small.
2. Life changes are inevitable. If we learn to cope with change, we’ll lower our risks for anxiety and stress.
3. Examine every thought that tries to stay in your mind, because how we think, affects how we live our lives.
We all were truly blessed by what we heard. We pray that you will revisit these thoughts periodically, especially when Life becomes Overwhelming and your Mind become Cluttered!
We are truly looking forward to our 3rd Annual Ordering Your Steps Women’s Workshop in the Spring of 2020, entitled “Birthing Your Dream”… Stay tuned for more info. You don’t want to miss it!