The Fall season has FALLEN and there are less than two (2) months left in the year! BUT DON’T PANIC! Believe or not, you still have time to prepare, plan and minimize some of the stress that may be associated with the hustle and bustle of the Holidays.
Let’s just look at a few thought starters….
- Start NOW! – Although it appears that you have a while yet…. you really DON’T. Start planning now! Get out the pencil and paper and jot down 2-3 “Must Do’s. Maybe it’s clean the pantry, prepare the menu for Thanksgiving dinner or simply pull out the decorations to get you in the mood.
- Establish a few LOOSE guidelines, objectives and timelines. Remember this is NOT to make the preparation more stressful, so keep it loose, i.e. “I want to have my menu and grocery list finalized at least 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving”. Put the date reminder on your calendar.
- Put a few items in the plan for Christmas Prep also. Maybe you want to get the spare rooms ready. Change the linen, make room in the closets, if necessary or set the guest towels aside.
- Give the kids the sale papers! Let them start to prepare their wish list, so that they have the incentive to go through their old toys early (old clothes too, Moms) and donate to someone less privileged.
As I say often, set aside 20 minutes per task ONLY.
- Identify the task
- Set the timer
- Do as much of the task as you can
- When the timer goes off, Stop! and go on to something else
- DON’T TRY TO EAT THE ELEPHANT!
Try to Pace Yourself, Starting Now!
Don’t wait or you will be caught in the Holiday Whirlwind before you know it!
Are You Ready !
Please let us know if this helps!