Another Journey into being MORE Organized… A Man’s Closet! Recently, I had the opportunity to organize a client’s husband’s closet! Just for the record, the organizing process is the same, no matter the space….
In my experience, if a man takes pride in his clothes, then I find that their closets are very organized. On the other hand, there are men that would prefer that their closets not be organized, generally speaking…
I welcome your thoughts and comments! 😃
It was very interesting looking back on my post from the First year(s) in Review of Order Your Steps! We are now going into our 7th year and it’s been an AMAZING journey, thus far.
Here are a few highlights:
- YES! The job is still VERY labor intensive ! 😦
<> and <>
I still LOVE my job!
I’ve seen 100+ clients….
- My most recent testimonial…
When I told my husband that I would be hiring a Professional Organizer to help me organize our home office, he thought it would be a total waste of money. I, however, was desperate. I couldn’t walk into my office without climbing over heaps of paper and other random items. The documents had been piling up for almost ten years and the office space was totally unusable. READ MORE: A Client’s Perspective II
- I’ve written over 300 WordPress blog posts, over 900 followers, including Facebook and over 20,00 hits.
One of my first WP post and the most LIKED!
- The Lord has opened doors that may not have been opened otherwise. Selling was not in the plan?? But working for ShelfGenie was truly a Blessing! I resigned from ShelfGenie last June. Unfortunately, it had become my “safety net”!?!? However, Arline, the former franchise owner and I are still the best of friends! The Lord always has a purpose, although one that we may least expect.
- The Lord continues to provide me with a steady flow of OYS clients… and that one client that was my most difficult back in 2012 taught me the most about being about business! The experience will always serve as a LESSON LEARNED!
I am sooo excited about what my SEVENTH year will hold. I am in awe of what God has done. He continues to allow me to touch the lives of the people that He has ordained. This is about SO much more than money, it about ministry!
Stay Tuned… There is A WHOLE LOT more to come!
Are you so overwhelmed by all the stuff in your closet that you become stressed & frustrated EVERY time you have to find something to wear? Then this class is designed just for you. Stay Tuned for More Info on Launch Date!
Here’s a Sneak Peak…
Let us know what you think! All comments & feedback are welcome…..
The Fall season has FALLEN and there are less than two (2) months left in the year! BUT DON’T PANIC! Believe or not, you still have time to prepare, plan and minimize some of the stress that may be associated with the hustle and bustle of the Holidays.
Let’s just look at a few thought starters….
- Start NOW! – Although it appears that you have a while yet…. you really DON’T. Start planning now! Get out the pencil and paper and jot down 2-3 “Must Do’s. Maybe it’s clean the pantry, prepare the menu for Thanksgiving dinner or simply pull out the decorations to get you in the mood.
- Establish a few LOOSE guidelines, objectives and timelines. Remember this is NOT to make the preparation more stressful, so keep it loose, i.e. “I want to have my menu and grocery list finalized at least 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving”. Put the date reminder on your calendar.
- Put a few items in the plan for Christmas Prep also. Maybe you want to get the spare rooms ready. Change the linen, make room in the closets, if necessary or set the guest towels aside.
- Give the kids the sale papers! Let them start to prepare their wish list, so that they have the incentive to go through their old toys early (old clothes too, Moms) and donate to someone less privileged.
As I say often, set aside 20 minutes per task ONLY.
- Identify the task
- Set the timer
- Do as much of the task as you can
- When the timer goes off, Stop! and go on to something else
- DON’T TRY TO EAT THE ELEPHANT!
Try to Pace Yourself, Starting Now!
Don’t wait or you will be caught in the Holiday Whirlwind before you know it!
Are You Ready !
Please let us know if this helps!
On Memorial Day, I decided to organize my garage… against my husband’s better judgment. . Although I was unable to really get rid of a LOT of stuff, my husband did agree to throw some of his things away, especially since for the most part, he had forgotten he had some of it??? In spite of my boundaries, I was able to establish some semblance of Order!
Please let me know what you think….
Order Your Steps, a member of Faithful Organizers, is offering the March Toward Simplicity Challenge through our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Order Your Steps.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FAITHFUL ORGANIZERS, AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF CHRISTIAN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZERS, TO LAUNCH IT’S 1ST ANNUAL MARCH INTO SIMPLICITY CHALLENGE!
TORRENCE, CA (February 12, 2016) – Faithful Organizers, an international group of Christian Professional Organizers, is launching their first organizing challenge to the public. March Toward Simplicity will run the entire month of March with the exception of Sundays. Each day, participants will be challenged to complete a small organizing task to help simplify their lives. Members of the organization are encouraging their clients and affiliates to participate in the challenge as way to motivate them to address their clutter in small chunks and to maintain the systems they have in place.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for people to be part of something big,” says Jean Furuya, Faithful Organizers executive director. “Getting organized ranks 4th in New Year’s resolutions. This challenge will motivate participants to do a quick, daily project to see how simple it is to accomplish even the smallest of tasks. We are addressing several different aspects of organization including time management, productivity and household clutter. It is our hope that the feeling of success will continue beyond the challenge to where organizing becomes a daily activity.”
Plan 30 minutes for each task and set your timer!!
You can also access the daily challenges through a link on the Faithful Organizers website: http://www.faithfulorganizers.com and om their Facebook page: Facebook.com/Faithful Organizers.
Sun sculpture at Minn. Inst. of Arts
Aunt Susie’s house is always immaculate, but she seems to always give me the weirdest gifts. Last year, she gave me a bright yellow scrulpture of the sun. I am not sure why, I guess she liked it and thought that I would too. Of course, I don’t want to hurt her feelings. Aunt Susie visits me once every three (3) years and I must set it out so that she can see it…. Need I say more???? Consider this, “Aunt Susie, I loved the bright yellow scrulpture of the sun, so much that I gifted it to the children’s museum and it’s on display. Next time you visit we must go see it. (I am not suggesting that we lie … now we simply have to find a museum to take it! :-D)
I am not suggesting that we hurt anyone’s feelings, but as a professional organizer, I go into so many homes that have STUFF that they were given to them that they JUST CAN’T give away. The clients has had “it” for so many years, the person may have even forgotten that they gave it to you….
The holidays are HERE and here are just a few questions that we should ask ourselves..
Where are my Christmas gifts from last year? or better yet, What WERE my gifts from last year? How about the year before? Do I remember? If the gift(s) was memorable, it should been wore, at least once… or on display for everyone to see.
Do you know where the gifts are or are they still in the box somewhere? I know that we don’t always get the gifts that we want or like, BUT if we continue to accummulate them and simply store them away, eventually even the person that gifted it to us may notice… or maybe not?
Now I have another question… Do your children remember what they got for Christmas last year or the year before? That’s a whole different post of its own!!! LOL !!! 😀