DRUM ROLL PLEASE!
God is so AMAZING and I am SUPER excited! I had simply mentioned during my business planning days, back in 2012, that I wanted to write an eBook. I kept carrying over the action item, year over year, until the Lord said, It’s time to do it! So now, Order, Organize & Obedience is a reality…
You can now PRE-ORDER our NEW eBook for ONLY $4.99! “Order, Organize and Obedience” is a tale spanning four decades of my journey with God to find order in the chaos of my life. Please join me on my journey with all the twists and turns, up and downs. As a bonus feature, there’s organizing tips too. With your many prayers and if the Lord says the same, Order, Organize & Obedience will be launched June! Pre-Order TODAY on Barnes & Noble! Our eBook will also be available on Kobo & AppleBooks.
Stay Tuned for a Sneak Peek at the Book Cover Reveal!!
Are you so overwhelmed by all the stuff in your closet that you become stressed & frustrated EVERY time you have to find something to wear? Then this class is designed just for you. Stay Tuned for More Info on Launch Date!
Here’s a Sneak Peak…
Let us know what you think! All comments & feedback are welcome…..
The Fall season has FALLEN and there are less than two (2) months left in the year! BUT DON’T PANIC! Believe or not, you still have time to prepare, plan and minimize some of the stress that may be associated with the hustle and bustle of the Holidays.
Let’s just look at a few thought starters….
- Start NOW! – Although it appears that you have a while yet…. you really DON’T. Start planning now! Get out the pencil and paper and jot down 2-3 “Must Do’s. Maybe it’s clean the pantry, prepare the menu for Thanksgiving dinner or simply pull out the decorations to get you in the mood.
- Establish a few LOOSE guidelines, objectives and timelines. Remember this is NOT to make the preparation more stressful, so keep it loose, i.e. “I want to have my menu and grocery list finalized at least 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving”. Put the date reminder on your calendar.
- Put a few items in the plan for Christmas Prep also. Maybe you want to get the spare rooms ready. Change the linen, make room in the closets, if necessary or set the guest towels aside.
- Give the kids the sale papers! Let them start to prepare their wish list, so that they have the incentive to go through their old toys early (old clothes too, Moms) and donate to someone less privileged.
As I say often, set aside 20 minutes per task ONLY.
- Identify the task
- Set the timer
- Do as much of the task as you can
- When the timer goes off, Stop! and go on to something else
- DON’T TRY TO EAT THE ELEPHANT!
Try to Pace Yourself, Starting Now!
Don’t wait or you will be caught in the Holiday Whirlwind before you know it!
Are You Ready !
Please let us know if this helps!
On Memorial Day, I decided to organize my garage… against my husband’s better judgment. . Although I was unable to really get rid of a LOT of stuff, my husband did agree to throw some of his things away, especially since for the most part, he had forgotten he had some of it??? In spite of my boundaries, I was able to establish some semblance of Order!
Please let me know what you think….
When I am cleaning and organizing a garage, my main objective is to sort, purge and to help the homeowner to know what they have and where to find it when they need it. BUT…
AFTER – Part 1
Unfortunately, your “neat” may be the other persons’ “nightmare”….
AFTER – Part 2
So, the idea behind this exercise was to simply make room for the car! 🙂
Happy Monday! So sorry for the lateness of my post… I anticipate my work schedule becoming a little busier. I have added “Designer” for ShelfGenie Glide-out shelving to my portfolio, so I am scheduling appointments for that as well. Busy is a very good thing for someone with a new business…
Now, for the important stuff! One of the simply ways to begin organizing is to start a “To Do” list. It only takes a few items and can be done in a few minutes. Now the key is once we write the items down and we have to plan to do the things on the list. When I was still at Xerox, almost everyone, at every level of management, had a spiral notebook and as you accomplished your task, you would check it off the list … but never tear the page out of the book… Think about it!! We would always have a running list of what was done, when it was done and what else needed to be done. Even today, in the world of technology, your spiral notebook may be your task list in microsoft office, OneNote, etc., but it serves the same purpose… to help us to outline the things that we have to get done and hopefully, will help us to develop a plan “to do”them.
For more organizing tips, please check out… Order Your Steps
The one thing that really bothers me is plastic containers. Although they are a necessity, they always look cluttered in the cabinet. The first thing that I would suggest is that you go through all your plastic containers and match them with the lid. If you can’t find the lid, then throw it away.
For more organizing tips, please check out…
Order Your Steps