Now that most of our children are back in the classroom after over a year, I’m sure that there’s been a lot of hustle and bustle over the past few weeks. So, I thought that I should allow some time for the dust to settle and then share a few tips that might help you to fine-tune your daily routine and make managing the home a little easier.
First and foremost, I pray for your strength and patience!
Then, I’d like to make a few suggestions. Start preparing as early as you can. I would suggest that the day/night before we do the following …
- Lay out the clothes, shoes, socks, mask, etc. Leave nothing to chance. 🙂
- Prepare the lunch (or secure the lunch money) and the book bag (don’t forget the hand santizer).
- For the girls, comb the hair and tie it up.
- Bath time and Prayer.
- Remember, patience!
Then, as time allows, unwind with a cup of tea or coffee and prepare for the next day.
Make a to-do list, to include what happens after school, i.e. family time, dinner, homework, etc. Set the clock 30 min. early to allow a little extra time to snooze and time to make sure the kids get out of bed, because you may have to ask more than once. Then…. a new day begins!
- Breakfast… VERY IMPORTANT! We all need energy to get through our day. Our children need nutrition to stay focused.
- Wash, dress and get ready.
- PRAY for your kids.
- PRAY for your patience with them! They may have a rough day ahead too. Reading, Writing and ‘rithmetic can be taxing on the brain.
This day will end and another one begins. It’s called Life! Routines take practice. Things will not always go as planned, but you do need a plan. We can seek peace in the midst of our chaos OR we can have chaos in the midst of our chaos. Don’t forget to take DEEP breaths often. Try to keep the house in Order as best we can. Take each day as it comes and be the best that we can be. We must embrace our children, no matter how old they are. Know that they were entrusted to us and even when they are doing somersaults on our very last nerve, they are ours and we love them more than words can describe! All of our steps are Ordered.