The Fall season has FALLEN and there are less than two (2) months left in the year! BUT DON’T PANIC! Believe or not, you still have time to prepare, plan and minimize some of the stress that may be associated with the hustle and bustle of the Holidays.
Let’s just look at a few thought starters….
- Start NOW! – Although it appears that you have a while yet…. you really DON’T. Start planning now! Get out the pencil and paper and jot down 2-3 “Must Do’s. Maybe it’s clean the pantry, prepare the menu for Thanksgiving dinner or simply pull out the decorations to get you in the mood.
- Establish a few LOOSE guidelines, objectives and timelines. Remember this is NOT to make the preparation more stressful, so keep it loose, i.e. “I want to have my menu and grocery list finalized at least 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving”. Put the date reminder on your calendar.
- Put a few items in the plan for Christmas Prep also. Maybe you want to get the spare rooms ready. Change the linen, make room in the closets, if necessary or set the guest towels aside.
- Give the kids the sale papers! Let them start to prepare their wish list, so that they have the incentive to go through their old toys early (old clothes too, Moms) and donate to someone less privileged.
As I say often, set aside 20 minutes per task ONLY.
- Identify the task
- Set the timer
- Do as much of the task as you can
- When the timer goes off, Stop! and go on to something else
- DON’T TRY TO EAT THE ELEPHANT!
Try to Pace Yourself, Starting Now!
Don’t wait or you will be caught in the Holiday Whirlwind before you know it!
Are You Ready !
Please let us know if this helps!
Order Your Steps, a member of Faithful Organizers, is offering the March Toward Simplicity Challenge through our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Order Your Steps.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FAITHFUL ORGANIZERS, AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF CHRISTIAN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZERS, TO LAUNCH IT’S 1ST ANNUAL MARCH INTO SIMPLICITY CHALLENGE!
TORRENCE, CA (February 12, 2016) – Faithful Organizers, an international group of Christian Professional Organizers, is launching their first organizing challenge to the public. March Toward Simplicity will run the entire month of March with the exception of Sundays. Each day, participants will be challenged to complete a small organizing task to help simplify their lives. Members of the organization are encouraging their clients and affiliates to participate in the challenge as way to motivate them to address their clutter in small chunks and to maintain the systems they have in place.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for people to be part of something big,” says Jean Furuya, Faithful Organizers executive director. “Getting organized ranks 4th in New Year’s resolutions. This challenge will motivate participants to do a quick, daily project to see how simple it is to accomplish even the smallest of tasks. We are addressing several different aspects of organization including time management, productivity and household clutter. It is our hope that the feeling of success will continue beyond the challenge to where organizing becomes a daily activity.”
Plan 30 minutes for each task and set your timer!!
You can also access the daily challenges through a link on the Faithful Organizers website: http://www.faithfulorganizers.com and om their Facebook page: Facebook.com/Faithful Organizers.
The “This is How we Do it!” , my new video series, has official begun … Last week, we looked at the cluttered, basement space that we are starting with. In the end, we plan to have a peaceful, serene and organized living space.
As you may or may not know, the organizing process only has THREE (3) basic steps:
Today, we are going to focus on “Creating a Living Space”, step 1, which is sorting!
Please take a look at this week’s video and tell us what you think…
Since the beginning of the year, I have received calls from potential clients that were looking for professional organizing assistance. I truly understand what it takes for a woman (primarily) to decide that she just can not do it on her own. The clutter and disorder has become overwhelming. Unfortunately, once we have had a discussion, they have to pass it by their husbands and the husbands are just not buying it!
It is very difficult to explain that organizing is not simply cleaning. So typically, the husbands feel that the wives should be able to just clean up the mess and be done with it. But unfortunately, it is just not that easy. As we shared in my post, The Pyschology of Clutter, clutter can affect our relationships, our health, and our ability to enjoy life. Clutter can also create a sense of hopelessness, and can even contribute to depression and other mood disorders*. In all fairness, some women don’t realize the impact that clutter and disorder has on our lives either.
May I suggest to men & women alike, please allow us the opportunity to come into the home and discuss professional organizing and the services that we provide. Our initial assessment is FREE! But, believe it or not, it is a LOT more than just about the money$$$. It is about peace, order and well-being in the home. I truly believe that you will not only be able to see the difference, but you will be able to FEEL the difference. The results will be well worth the investment!
Most people believe that as a professional organizer, that I am always organized… I must say that I believe that I am more organized than most, however, I too must take time to re-organize. Granted I try not to let it get too out of hand, but for me, it is very therapeutic to get organized so that I can be more productive and more efficient. In spite of my very hectic schedule, it is important to invest time, in order not to waste time in the future.
I spent two (2) days last week putting things in Order! I started with my closets and dresser drawers…
Then I worked on my office…
This is a project that I am working on for a client, who wants to get all her files in order for 2015. She has a number of big projects for next year, so she wants to be prepared to work with a spirit of excellence and divine order, as God has ordained!
Do you have a plan for 2015? You do know that God has one for you, so I would suggest that you get prepared. Take some time to put your things in Order and be ready to prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers….
Order Your Steps (OYS) is hitting the road again. We have been given an AWESOME opportunity to speak to the Sisters Network of Prince George’s County on tomorrow (Saturday). The Sisters Network is a support group for breast cancer survivors. My topic will be “Organizing for the New Year!” I hope to have pictures for you next week. Say a little prayer for me.
Have a Blessed Weekend!
First, I must say that it’s amazing to look at your life through the eyes of God’s Grace… for the last 3 years or more, I have entered a new year with much anticipation and I have looked at the year that I have left behind, with a sense of calm & peace. Now don’t misunderstand, the previous 20+ years had been “Thank God I don’t have to do that again!” But for the past few years, my only real challenges have been my son … and my finances (from my skewed perspective!). See the Lord has always provided for us financially. There’s always been a ram in the bush! Our needs have been graciously met; we have always had shelter and food on the table … BUT, I would prefer not to live from paycheck to paycheck. So I have asked God for an over-abundance (and not just financially) and He has asked me to wait until it’s my season! I know that God wants me to trust Him with my whole heart. Money, or the lack thereof, seems to always keep me a little unsettled, thus it continues to be my area of opportunity. As far as my son goes, I have finally, finally turned him over to the Lord and now I am truly letting God handle it. I am patiently waiting from my son’s deliverance and I refuse to interfere.
Now on to 2014… With each new year, I want to grow spiritually, walk in my purpose and always seek to get better and better at what I do. 2014 is no exception! Order Your Steps continues to grow as more and more doors are opened. Many of those doors have been opened via ShelfGenie and for that, I am truly grateful. However, there are four (4) major objectives that I would like to accomplish this year:
- Write an eBook entitled “It’s more about Order, than Organizing”. I even have the dedication written. I want to do a compilation of my best posts and put them into book form. I would love to be able to offer some type of product(s) with my other professional organizing services.
- I would like to do more speaking engagements. I have three (3) different “Order Out of Chaos” presentations prepared and I can customize them to suit the group that I am speaking to. This may require a new marketing strategy, more networking, etc.
- I want to further my education by taking the certified professional organizing courses, which I wasn’t going to do initially. However, now that I am going into my 3rd year of business, I believe that it would be an added benefit.
- Research the qualifications to become a certified Life Coach and begin to map out a path to add this skill to my business portfolio.
So I practice what I preach… I have identified and documented my 3-4 BIG objectives. I believe that they all are realistic and achievable. Now I must outline the specific actions needed, time-frames and deadlines to reach my goals.
As we journey toward our dreams, I have promised to keep an eye on you and I will keep you posted on my progress as well.
I am so excited!!
How about you?
Well, my husband and I got home last Monday from St. Louis. Our trip to St. Louis was great! I should have told you that we were there for our church convention, although I thought that we would get in a little sightseeing. The week was packed with almost 24 hours of church services. It was truly an extraordinarily spiritual experience. There were tens of thousands of people worshiping God together. There was endless hours of Gospel preaching, teaching and music. On Thursday and Friday, we have midnight musicals and I saw Bishop Hezekiah Walker, Kurt Carr, VaShawn Mitchell and countless other awesome gospel music artists. I may have mentioned that it had been over 30 years since I had attended our convention and yes, I was a lot younger. But this has been an experience that I will not forget and I definitely plan to go back next year. The weather was in the 60’s for most of the week and by the way, our hotel was right across the street from the Convention Center. I am sorry that I don’t have more pictures…
Although, we were blessed to return on a holiday, we were shoved back into our normal work routine fairly quicker. Back from St. Louis and 2014, Here were come! The New Year is only 44 days away! We have Fallen into Order in September/October and although, it is not too cold at the moment, we are moving quicker into Winter. As we are preparing for the holidays, just keep in mind, there’s a brand New Year quickly approaching!
As always, it is time to put some order to the possible chaos, as everyone comes back inside to the warm and cozy. We have had 11 months to accumulate MORE Stuff and for some of us, we are going to have to find some room, but all the new stuff that we will get in December…So we may need to sort, purge and organize our spaces. Let’s not go into the new year with more clutter than we had last year. Order Your Steps can help! Check out our Fall/Winter Special… Click Here
As promised, I wanted to share my own Order Your Steps (OYS), First year(s) in Review! It has a very AWESOME, yet interesting 2 years. I officially started the business in Sept. 2011 and was able to work at it full time, starting in January, 2012.
Here are a few highlights:
- Initially, I worked as an organizer’s assistant and received my first $100 in February, 2012. No one told me that this job was going to be very labor intensive ! 😦
- On Feb. 27th, I posted my organizing post with the most “LIKES” and comments.
- By March, I had three (3) new customers of my own! My first testimonial…
I called Candy hoping to find someone who could do more than organize a room or closet. I had a storage unit that I was paying $198.00 a month which was an accumulation of my beloved 19 year old daughter personal affects, along with my parents and my in-laws possessions that I could not keep. It was an overwhelming emotional task and after 12 years I realized I needed help… To read more Click Here
- Later in March, I met Arline, Franchise Owner for ShelfGenie of Maryland. I signed up and became a designer… The Lord opened doors that may not have been opened otherwise. Lord, Selling was not in the plan???? But what a great product to add to my OYS portfolio!
ShelfGenie Customized Spice Rack
- The Lord always provided me with a steady flow of OYS customers. I was so sure that I could work with anyone, but there was only one of them that really showed me that “it’s Business, not Personal! …Refund???”
- In August, my Xerox checks stopped and RETIREMENT took on a whole new dimension!!! Thank God, I had my 401K to draw from… but I still don’t have to get out of bed before 9 am, unless I want too. I am also on track to be able to stop taking my high blood pressure medicine. There is little or no stress now!!!
- I conducted my first “Order Out of Chaos” Workshop for Seniors in October at the Vistas in Largo.
2013 has been slow & steady, and Wow! Year TWO is almost over. The Lord has always provided. For the past few months, I feel that there is about to be an OVERFLOW! I hear the sound of an abundance of rain, the windows of heaven are already open. I have sown the seed and harvest is coming!
- I am on Angie’s List (haven’t signed up for advertising yet!)
- My profile is on FindMyOrganizer.com
- I am supporting ShelfGenie in Maryland, my primary territory, Baltimore and soon, I will be taking appointments in DC.
- I’ve signed up for Living Social and my campaign should be launched in the next month or so.
I am sooo excited about what my third year will hold. It may not look like much to you, but I am in awe of what God has done. This is about SO much more than money, it about ministry!
Stay Tuned… There is A WHOLE LOT more to come!