As promised, I wanted to share my own Order Your Steps (OYS), First year(s) in Review! It has a very AWESOME, yet interesting 2 years. I officially started the business in Sept. 2011 and was able to work at it full time, starting in January, 2012.
Here are a few highlights:
- Initially, I worked as an organizer’s assistant and received my first $100 in February, 2012. No one told me that this job was going to be very labor intensive ! 😦
- On Feb. 27th, I posted my organizing post with the most “LIKES” and comments.
- By March, I had three (3) new customers of my own! My first testimonial…
I called Candy hoping to find someone who could do more than organize a room or closet. I had a storage unit that I was paying $198.00 a month which was an accumulation of my beloved 19 year old daughter personal affects, along with my parents and my in-laws possessions that I could not keep. It was an overwhelming emotional task and after 12 years I realized I needed help… To read more Click Here
- Later in March, I met Arline, Franchise Owner for ShelfGenie of Maryland. I signed up and became a designer… The Lord opened doors that may not have been opened otherwise. Lord, Selling was not in the plan???? But what a great product to add to my OYS portfolio!
- In June, I posted a personal blog post entitled “My Son Reappeared, BUT…” that had the most “LIKES” and comments.
- The Lord always provided me with a steady flow of OYS customers. I was so sure that I could work with anyone, but there was only one of them that really showed me that “it’s Business, not Personal! …Refund???”
- In August, my Xerox checks stopped and RETIREMENT took on a whole new dimension!!! Thank God, I had my 401K to draw from… but I still don’t have to get out of bed before 9 am, unless I want too. I am also on track to be able to stop taking my high blood pressure medicine. There is little or no stress now!!!
- I conducted my first “Order Out of Chaos” Workshop for Seniors in October at the Vistas in Largo.
2013 has been slow & steady, and Wow! Year TWO is almost over. The Lord has always provided. For the past few months, I feel that there is about to be an OVERFLOW! I hear the sound of an abundance of rain, the windows of heaven are already open. I have sown the seed and harvest is coming!
- I am on Angie’s List (haven’t signed up for advertising yet!)
- My profile is on FindMyOrganizer.com
- I am supporting ShelfGenie in Maryland, my primary territory, Baltimore and soon, I will be taking appointments in DC.
- I’ve signed up for Living Social and my campaign should be launched in the next month or so.
I am sooo excited about what my third year will hold. It may not look like much to you, but I am in awe of what God has done. This is about SO much more than money, it about ministry!
Stay Tuned… There is A WHOLE LOT more to come!
God is so good…He is truly blessing you on this new journey:) It is exciting to hear how God’s hand is arranging things to fall into place for you:) Congrats on a another successful year!
Thank you so much! It has been simply amazing so far and the best is yet to be… 😀
Candy so proud of you, you are an inspiration. I am too enjoying being retired from Xerox, I am loving my life, feeling blessed!
Sent from my iPad
So glad to hear from you, Charlene. There is definitely life after Xerox. It is interested that when you are inside, you really don’t see the forest for the trees. But when you get outside, WOW! I pray for your continued blessing!!!!