2019 is gonna be busy, but a GOOD busy! I feel that there are sooooo many NEW ideas that will be implemented this year! Many of you may be feeling the same way, so I was wondering if you would be interested in a “CONQUER THE PAPER CLUTTER MONSTER” Workshop? I haven’t worked out all the logistics, but I’m thinking 3 LIVE Interactive sessions, which would focus on developing an organized system to manage MAIL! … Personal & Business papers.
I’m working with a client now, who’s a single mom AND she is literally managing 4 small businesses. As we began to organize the papers, we realized that she needed to establish an Order to her life, which would allow her to operate a lot SMARTER, because she was already working HARDER!
If we can help you, just let us know…
I spend even more time on the road these days. I now cover Prince George’s, Montgomery, Anne Arundel Counties, parts of Howard & Baltimore County and more, in Maryland. Thus my car now doubles as my office. I must have everything that I need to do my job with me at all times, whether I am going to an Order Your Steps client’s home to organize their closet or I’m doing a FREE in-home ShelfGenie consultant…. and everything must be easily accessible.
I used Windows Movie Maker to produce my lastest video (my daughter helped a little bit :-D)… the application was fairly easy to use. However, it took a lot of time and patience to produce a finished product that I was willing to share….
Please let me know what you think!
As promised, I wanted to share my own Order Your Steps (OYS), First year(s) in Review! It has a very AWESOME, yet interesting 2 years. I officially started the business in Sept. 2011 and was able to work at it full time, starting in January, 2012.
Here are a few highlights:
- Initially, I worked as an organizer’s assistant and received my first $100 in February, 2012. No one told me that this job was going to be very labor intensive ! 😦
- On Feb. 27th, I posted my organizing post with the most “LIKES” and comments.
- By March, I had three (3) new customers of my own! My first testimonial…
I called Candy hoping to find someone who could do more than organize a room or closet. I had a storage unit that I was paying $198.00 a month which was an accumulation of my beloved 19 year old daughter personal affects, along with my parents and my in-laws possessions that I could not keep. It was an overwhelming emotional task and after 12 years I realized I needed help… To read more Click Here
- Later in March, I met Arline, Franchise Owner for ShelfGenie of Maryland. I signed up and became a designer… The Lord opened doors that may not have been opened otherwise. Lord, Selling was not in the plan???? But what a great product to add to my OYS portfolio!
ShelfGenie Customized Spice Rack
- The Lord always provided me with a steady flow of OYS customers. I was so sure that I could work with anyone, but there was only one of them that really showed me that “it’s Business, not Personal! …Refund???”
- In August, my Xerox checks stopped and RETIREMENT took on a whole new dimension!!! Thank God, I had my 401K to draw from… but I still don’t have to get out of bed before 9 am, unless I want too. I am also on track to be able to stop taking my high blood pressure medicine. There is little or no stress now!!!
- I conducted my first “Order Out of Chaos” Workshop for Seniors in October at the Vistas in Largo.
2013 has been slow & steady, and Wow! Year TWO is almost over. The Lord has always provided. For the past few months, I feel that there is about to be an OVERFLOW! I hear the sound of an abundance of rain, the windows of heaven are already open. I have sown the seed and harvest is coming!
- I am on Angie’s List (haven’t signed up for advertising yet!)
- My profile is on FindMyOrganizer.com
- I am supporting ShelfGenie in Maryland, my primary territory, Baltimore and soon, I will be taking appointments in DC.
- I’ve signed up for Living Social and my campaign should be launched in the next month or so.
I am sooo excited about what my third year will hold. It may not look like much to you, but I am in awe of what God has done. This is about SO much more than money, it about ministry!
Stay Tuned… There is A WHOLE LOT more to come!
I thought that I would give you an update on my FREE “Order Out of Chaos” Workshops. Initially I focused on the senior citizen living facilities. The participants were open to sharing their own struggles with getting organized, especially after downsizing from their much larger homes. My presentation, “Organizing made Simple” was only 30 minutes and then we had a Q&A session. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I’d always wanted to teach, so now I get to teach, organize and teach about organizing!!!
In February, the “Order Out of Chaos” FREE workshop was OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Along with the owner of the local franchise of ShelfGenie, we decided to conduct the workshops as part of a LifeStyle Transitions Series. Arline and I, as small business owners in our community, wanted to do something for the community that would have a positive impact. Organizing will be a common thread throughout the workshops, as it pertains to healthy living, nutrition, exercise and just getting your life in order. Our first workshop in the series was held at Wegmans in Woodmore/Lanham, MD. Unfortunately, Wegmans has a very strict policy prohibiting advertising on the premises, so we advertised on Facebook and via the ShelfGenie newsletter, flyers, etc. We had a small turnout, but I believe that I prefer small. It’s better when I can interact with the audience and that are able to interact with each other. I believe that moving forward will we limit the attendance to each session to thirty 30 people. Soooooo… due to the overwhelming response
(the show being SOLD OUT), I will have to add a session or two or three…..
Our next workshop is entitled “Spending Your Time Wisely”, We will focus on time management tips. It will be held on the last Saturday in March at one of the local libraries … where we can hand out flyers! 🙂
Stay Tuned for more info throughout the month.
Please PASS THE WORD to all your family and friends
in the DC, Md. and N. Va.!!
Welcome to another Blessed week! Just wanted to let you all know that my second workshop for Seniors was even more fun than the first. There seemed to be even more participation and sharing…
A Special Thanks to Brenda, Activities Coordinator at The Lodge, she said, “Your common sense approach to handling disorder was well received by our residents. We look forward to your working with us and perhaps coming back to the Lodge in the new year.”
Below is a 50 sec. video, please watch and I hope you enjoy!
For more pictures, please go to my “Order Your Steps” Facebook page.
I wanted to acknowledge another milestone, we exceeded the 5000 Hits mark on last week. I want to thank all my followers, readers and Facebook fans! Stay Tuned for my next organizing post for the couple trying to manage two (2) households.