As promised, I wanted to share my own Order Your Steps (OYS), First year(s) in Review! It has a very AWESOME, yet interesting 2 years. I officially started the business in Sept. 2011 and was able to work at it full time, starting in January, 2012.
Here are a few highlights:
- Initially, I worked as an organizer’s assistant and received my first $100 in February, 2012. No one told me that this job was going to be very labor intensive ! 😦
- On Feb. 27th, I posted my organizing post with the most “LIKES” and comments.
- By March, I had three (3) new customers of my own! My first testimonial…
I called Candy hoping to find someone who could do more than organize a room or closet. I had a storage unit that I was paying $198.00 a month which was an accumulation of my beloved 19 year old daughter personal affects, along with my parents and my in-laws possessions that I could not keep. It was an overwhelming emotional task and after 12 years I realized I needed help… To read more Click Here
- Later in March, I met Arline, Franchise Owner for ShelfGenie of Maryland. I signed up and became a designer… The Lord opened doors that may not have been opened otherwise. Lord, Selling was not in the plan???? But what a great product to add to my OYS portfolio!
- In June, I posted a personal blog post entitled “My Son Reappeared, BUT…” that had the most “LIKES” and comments.
- The Lord always provided me with a steady flow of OYS customers. I was so sure that I could work with anyone, but there was only one of them that really showed me that “it’s Business, not Personal! …Refund???”
- In August, my Xerox checks stopped and RETIREMENT took on a whole new dimension!!! Thank God, I had my 401K to draw from… but I still don’t have to get out of bed before 9 am, unless I want too. I am also on track to be able to stop taking my high blood pressure medicine. There is little or no stress now!!!
- I conducted my first “Order Out of Chaos” Workshop for Seniors in October at the Vistas in Largo.
2013 has been slow & steady, and Wow! Year TWO is almost over. The Lord has always provided. For the past few months, I feel that there is about to be an OVERFLOW! I hear the sound of an abundance of rain, the windows of heaven are already open. I have sown the seed and harvest is coming!
- I am on Angie’s List (haven’t signed up for advertising yet!)
- My profile is on FindMyOrganizer.com
- I am supporting ShelfGenie in Maryland, my primary territory, Baltimore and soon, I will be taking appointments in DC.
- I’ve signed up for Living Social and my campaign should be launched in the next month or so.
I am sooo excited about what my third year will hold. It may not look like much to you, but I am in awe of what God has done. This is about SO much more than money, it about ministry!
Stay Tuned… There is A WHOLE LOT more to come!