It was very interesting looking back on my post from the First year(s) in Review of Order Your Steps! We are now going into our 7th year and it’s been an AMAZING journey, thus far.
Here are a few highlights:
- YES! The job is still VERY labor intensive ! 😦
<> and <>
I still LOVE my job!
I’ve seen 100+ clients….
- My most recent testimonial…
When I told my husband that I would be hiring a Professional Organizer to help me organize our home office, he thought it would be a total waste of money. I, however, was desperate. I couldn’t walk into my office without climbing over heaps of paper and other random items. The documents had been piling up for almost ten years and the office space was totally unusable. READ MORE: A Client’s Perspective II
- I’ve written over 300 WordPress blog posts, over 900 followers, including Facebook and over 20,00 hits.
One of my first WP post and the most LIKED!
- The Lord has opened doors that may not have been opened otherwise. Selling was not in the plan?? But working for ShelfGenie was truly a Blessing! I resigned from ShelfGenie last June. Unfortunately, it had become my “safety net”!?!? However, Arline, the former franchise owner and I are still the best of friends! The Lord always has a purpose, although one that we may least expect.
- The Lord continues to provide me with a steady flow of OYS clients… and that one client that was my most difficult back in 2012 taught me the most about being about business! The experience will always serve as a LESSON LEARNED!
I am sooo excited about what my SEVENTH year will hold. I am in awe of what God has done. He continues to allow me to touch the lives of the people that He has ordained. This is about SO much more than money, it about ministry!
Stay Tuned… There is A WHOLE LOT more to come!
On January 10, my blog will celebrate its’ one year anniversary. As I look back over the more than 145 posts, I am pondering about what direction the blog should take in 2013. I have found that there has been a much greater response to posts that have talked about ORDER or Inspiration, versus Organizing. Now don’t misunderstand, my gift is administration and organizing peoples’ stuff, which is still my passion. But my purpose & mission is helping people to create ORDER out of Chaos, which is so much, much more!
- On Saturday, I was sitting at a red light waiting for a funeral procession to pass and the light changed. It was amazing to me to see the number of people that crossed the procession because they didn’t have five minutes to spare. We are such an impatient society…. which means we must find a way to slow our pace if only so slightly.
- I picture the CEO of a corporation always cool, calm and collected (maybe I watch too much TV :-)) His/Her clothes are always neatly pressed and their shoes and socks always match. What if they always woke up in a fog, rushing to wolf down that cup of coffee, having to stop at the closet and ponder what they should wear to work today and still make the 7 am meeting? Many of us are in that role, rather CEO, small business owner, husband, wife, father, mother, etc. We all must be strategic and plan our daily actions. Being in the daily fog, makes it difficult for us to direct our steps or to simply be directed???
The steps of a good man [woman] are ordered by the Lord… Psalm 37:23
In 2013, Finding Order in Chaos, will focus more consciously on Order as we did in 2012 unconsciously. To help everyone to actively seek Divine Order in their lives and Organizing stuff still playing a key role. As I was preparing for this post, I googled “Divine Order” and lo and behold, I found a definition by Marsha Burns, which says “the authoritative direction proceeding from God”. Marsha and her husband author the “Spirit of Prophecy” bulletins, which I have found very enlightening and many times very accurate to the spiritual place I am at the time. She also wrote as follows:
Divine Order is the flow of the Spirit as we yield to His guidance and direction. As much as we understanding this concept of God in control, many times when we hear a message or think about order in our lives, we still think about cleaning the garage and, the enemy would love to beat us up with the tangible things in our lives being in disarray. Divine Order is all about the moving of the Holy Spirit and being unencumbered enough to hear His voice and being flexible enough to go with the flow.
Being in the right place at the right time to accomplish what is before us.
I am looking forward to 2013 being busy, even sometimes hectic for Order Your Steps, yet restful. I want to just flow with the Spirit and I pray that something I write will help you to find rest in Him also.
Have a Very Blessed and Prosperous New Year!