As you may remember from my post on April 5th, I experienced several periods of doubt and uncertainty for months leading up to my Order Your Steps event in May. Many of you may be thinking, “It was just an event, why is she trying to make it a deep spiritual experience?” For me, it has been a True Walk of Faith and unfortunately, it’s been very difficult to explain. So, the fact that on May 12th, my Ordering Your Steps, A Mother’s Perspective finally took place, I realized that the outcome of the event was NOT the most relevant part of the process. The major learning and my spiritual growth took place all along the way. So when the event was over, I was still wondering if I’d done it “RIGHT” (by God’s Standard). However, this is The Conclusion of the Matter, For Now! … and if this pic is any indication, I think I did OK! 😀
In addition, here are a few comments from our survey: “What did you like best?”
- I enjoyed everything! So Helpful, Informative, Encouraging
- Nice size of venue and relaxed environment
- I like the intimacy of the event and the openness of the women
- So I guess, it wasn’t about having a lot of people!?
- All the speakers were informative and motivating
- The ease in which each presenter shared their testimony, gifts & abilities — Down to earth. All speakers shared their talk using the Bible
- Topics were spot on. Focus on various areas related to organizing life!
Recommendations: “What did you like least?”
- Allow More time for fitness!
- The fitness speaker should have been at the beginning to get us motivated and moving
- Yes, Mocha Lee, our fitness pro, had us exercising.
- Choose a different day
- Day before Mother’s day may not have been the best choice
- Too many desserts! 😀
- Break out groups of 3-4 for ice breaker and to introduce ourselves to each other
Yes! … We are already planning next year’s event. Stay Tuned…
In the meantime, over the next few months, I will be sharing more details on my walk of faith, My Journey of Obedience – My Journal!