Winter gives the earth a deep cleansing and kills the germs in the air… BUT Spring is a season of rebirth, rejuvenation, resurrection and regrowth. The month of March has already passed and April is here. We are “Moving Forward by Faith” as we prepare for our period of renewal and attempt to restore a bit of Order to our lives. So now we need a 60-day plan… and then it will be Summer! Get the family to participate. Review the plan with them and get their support & buy-in (even though it may under duress :-D)…. and absolutely, have a BIG party when it’s done!
Ready, Set, Begin!
Days 1 thru 30 – Spring Cleaning **
Assess your physical space and determine three (3) major areas that require spring cleaning first and allot ample time to complete.
Assign small tasks to be completed over time.
Write down the plan, a realistic timeline and post it.
Yes, there is a difference between cleaning and organizing…
Days 30 thru 60 – Organizing **
Identify two (2) small areas that need to be decluttered and organized. For those areas that have some much stuff that we were unable to clean thoroughly.
We will need to sort & purge until the area is uncluttered. Then we can put everything into their proper place.
Have fun with it!
Photos: Google images/123rf.com
Are you just too tired to take another step? Tired of being isolated? Tired of being with/without family? Tired of being alone? Just Tired! I truly understand, however, we must take the next step. Why, you say? Because first, we can not stay in this spot and better yet, when we take the next step, the Lord will show us the next one.
Now we need to get some preliminary things out of the way…
- You may not know the Lord. Well, for now, that’s ok, He knows you! You will just have to trust me on that. We will talk more about that later.
- You may know the Lord, but you are not very happy with Him right now. Well, that’s ok too, because He knows that already.
- Either way, we need to have a conversation with the Lord and let Him know that we’re going to take the next step and we need Him to show us just a little light, so that we can see the next one. Now, take the step, one foot in front of the other. Fairly simple!
No, not really… We will wake up tomorrow to a new day! … but we feel the same.
So here’s some advice:
- Get up tomorrow when you wake up, try not to snooze and put your feet on the floor.
- Turn off the phone or at least silence it for ONE hour. Please do not scroll! Everyone else in the world seem so happy????
- Find a quiet spot and open the curtains to your new day. Rain or shine, it’s gonna be a Good day!
- Open the window if possible, we can definitely use some fresh air.
- Fix you a cup of coffee or tea, take a deep breath and now you are ready for your next step.
We’re Moving Forward by Faith… but it’s definitely not easy. Life may seem dark right and we can’t see what’s in front of us, but with each step we take, the Lord will light up the next one.
Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path. Psalm 119:105
It’s hard to believe that it’s March already. The 1st quarter of 2021 will be drawing to a close sooner than we think. I pray that you are well on your way into the 2nd year of a new decade! This is a year of “Moving Forward in Faith”. We may have had to… 1) REIMAGINE our vision; 2) REFINE our goals and 3) REENERGIZE our plans, but now we must keep Moving Forward in Faith. We may not be able to see the entire path, but with each step, the next step will become clearer.