On January 10, my blog will celebrate its’ one year anniversary. As I look back over the more than 145 posts, I am pondering about what direction the blog should take in 2013. I have found that there has been a much greater response to posts that have talked about ORDER or Inspiration, versus Organizing. Now don’t misunderstand, my gift is administration and organizing peoples’ stuff, which is still my passion. But my purpose & mission is helping people to create ORDER out of Chaos, which is so much, much more!
- On Saturday, I was sitting at a red light waiting for a funeral procession to pass and the light changed. It was amazing to me to see the number of people that crossed the procession because they didn’t have five minutes to spare. We are such an impatient society…. which means we must find a way to slow our pace if only so slightly.
- I picture the CEO of a corporation always cool, calm and collected (maybe I watch too much TV :-)) His/Her clothes are always neatly pressed and their shoes and socks always match. What if they always woke up in a fog, rushing to wolf down that cup of coffee, having to stop at the closet and ponder what they should wear to work today and still make the 7 am meeting? Many of us are in that role, rather CEO, small business owner, husband, wife, father, mother, etc. We all must be strategic and plan our daily actions. Being in the daily fog, makes it difficult for us to direct our steps or to simply be directed???
The steps of a good man [woman] are ordered by the Lord… Psalm 37:23
In 2013, Finding Order in Chaos, will focus more consciously on Order as we did in 2012 unconsciously. To help everyone to actively seek Divine Order in their lives and Organizing stuff still playing a key role. As I was preparing for this post, I googled “Divine Order” and lo and behold, I found a definition by Marsha Burns, which says “the authoritative direction proceeding from God”. Marsha and her husband author the “Spirit of Prophecy” bulletins, which I have found very enlightening and many times very accurate to the spiritual place I am at the time. She also wrote as follows:
Divine Order is the flow of the Spirit as we yield to His guidance and direction. As much as we understanding this concept of God in control, many times when we hear a message or think about order in our lives, we still think about cleaning the garage and, the enemy would love to beat us up with the tangible things in our lives being in disarray. Divine Order is all about the moving of the Holy Spirit and being unencumbered enough to hear His voice and being flexible enough to go with the flow.
Being in the right place at the right time to accomplish what is before us.
I am looking forward to 2013 being busy, even sometimes hectic for Order Your Steps, yet restful. I want to just flow with the Spirit and I pray that something I write will help you to find rest in Him also.
Have a Very Blessed and Prosperous New Year!
It is during this time of year, if not sooner, that I start to think a lot about the new year that is quickly approaching. It is the time that I not only look forward to what’s coming, but I reflect on the year that has passed.
It is interesting that when December comes, it just feels that the year has swished by…. but it really hadn’t. So I want to just share a few thoughts that are on top of my brain at the moment.
Truly a year of blessings and God’s unmerited favor granted upon me and my family!!
- My son reappeared after two years with his biological father, but has disappeared again.
- Retirement after 32 years and started my own business, Order Your Steps!
- Finding Order in Chaos Blog created & first published and as a result, I have met and becomes “blogsphere” friends with so many interesting people from all over the world.
- The Lord brought so MANY people across my path this year, just so His light could shine.
and I could go on and on and on and on…..
- Revisit my goals & objectives, both personal & professional, and determine what I accomplished and what I didn’t and why.
- Rewrite my To Do list, so it looks neat and legible… OK, some OCD tendencies I have not let go of yet! 🙂
- Look at what I want / need to do differently in 2013 and make the necessary adjustments to my goals and objectives.
- Modify my action plan, as needed.
Let’s not dwell on what we didn’t get done, but on those things that we did…
Continue to expect God’s Blessings and Unmerited Favor
and Simply Enjoy Life, one day at a time!
What are your thoughts on ending 2012 and entering 2013?
Yesterday was an emotionally draining day for me. I hadn’t had a day like that in a long time. It started with a conversation with my husband
about my son that I’d wish that we’d never had. In spite of what’s been going on regarding my son, life has been really good and God just continues to favor me and my family. Yesterday I just wanted to cry, but really didn’t want to give Satan any satisfaction by letting his harassment get to me. I had to find something to speak to the hearts of others that may have had an “emotional” day…
- Lord Give Us Courage (shelleywilliamsblog.com)
This post is really random and may seem like it came out of nowhere,
which it kinda did. But I believe that I should still send out this post, because someone needs it.
There are some of you out there that have been hurt very badly. Beyond what anyone could ever imagine. For some the hurt just won’t go away. There is a song that I want you to hear, which is called “A Heart that Forgives”. I am only asking that you listen to the words. Forgiveness is not easy and I understand that, but I believe that it is decision that you must make in order to begin the healing process.
First, you must forgive yourself and yes, then you must forgive the person(s) who hurt you. Forgiveness is not for the other person, it is for YOU!
One of my fellow blogger, Anne, had the same idea.
I read this post last night, “Let it Go”